Essential Media Communications
As Australia’s leading progressive communications agency, Essential exists to make organisations of social value stronger using integrated, evidence-driven communications. Our campaigns engage and activate the public, influence policy outcomes and shift public opinion.
We win campaigns and make organisations stronger.
Essential is a full-service agency that delivers research, strategy, communications, campaigns, media, digital, fundraising, advertising and production.
Our research and communications methodology, developed and tested for over 20 years, ensures our client’s communications are evidence based. Our award-winning creative solutions get results and cut through the crowded media environment.
About the role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self driven Campaigns Assistant who has an interest in progressive social and political campaigning to assist in running and maintaining our Sydney office, as well working on some of our exciting campaigns.
As our Campaigns Assistant, you will play a critical role in ensuring the organisation’s day-to-day tasks run smoothly. This involves administration tasks spanning diary management of senior staff, organising catering, travel arrangement, general office maintenance and reception duties. We’re looking for a professional and enthusiastic person to be the face of our Sydney office.
As well as this, you will play an important role in the delivery of integrated campaigns for our clients through assisting in media relations, digital campaigning and more.
The range of clients and issues on which you'll work will help you build your career in the progressive political industry, as well as helping to win serious and lasting change on behalf of some great clients.
As a Campaigns Assistant, your work will be guided under the direction of both our Chief Operating Officer and an campaign team leader.
If you’re looking for a way to build your experience in the political campaigning environment, while using your organisational skills to support our company’s day-to-day administration and finance systems, then get in quick to apply for this great opportunity as our Campaigns Assistant.
This is a participant role in Democracy in Colour's POC Placement Program - an on-the-job training program for campaigners of colour. This program is about finding emerging campaigners of colour, supporting their talent, and pushing organisations to centre their voices for real, lasting change. It places emerging leaders in paid positions in advocacy NGOs alongside a training and mentoring program run by Democracy in Colour. As part of the program, you will work within Essential Media, and spend on average a half day per week participating in training and professional development as part of the placement program.
Key selection criteria
- Lived experience of being a part of and working with communities of colour or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Experience is not required but any relevant work, paid or voluntary, that demonstrates your abilities is helpful
- Some qualifications is preferred but not essential. Ideally in communications, journalism or political science.
- A quick learner especially on digital platforms including any emerging social media platforms, website development programs (such as Wordpress and Squarespace) and virtual meeting tools such as Zoom.
- An understanding of digital platforms including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram (even if only from a user perspective)
- High level of computer literacy (ideally across Mac and PC) including Office and in particular Excel
- Excellent organisational capabilities, with a flexible approach and proven ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with a personable yet professional demeanour and be adept at developing relationships with various levels of staff
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proactive and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with conflicting deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in ability to follow through and take charge of tasks with minimal supervision and accountability for your performance
- Ability to confidently provide timely and accurate support to senior staff, including Directors
- A good understanding of the progressive social and political environment within which Essential works and a commitment to its values.
Job benefits and perks
- Attractive package with 6 weeks annual leave
- Salary: $ 61,493 (+super)
- Central CBD location, close to public transport
We would like this role to start ASAP and will be taking applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply for the job please fill in this form https://forms.gle/Bt8oHbwGiVeV2dNi9